Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Days 196-201

Goth Girl and I just spent three of the most wonderfully chilled out days imaginable. Starting with my birthday on Friday, we just ate, drank and slept our way through the weekend.

We ventured out on Friday night for the leaving party of a dear friend, which was ended bizarrely when sewage started seeping into the nightclub we were in. It's a shame that said friend is going to miss the wedding, but it would be impossible to find a date when everyone we would love to have there can be there.

On Sunday we did one of those things we have always wanted to have time to do, which is spend the afternoon in the pub reading the Sunday papers. I have no idea when we will get time to do that again, but I suspect it will not be any time soon.

In between, I got up before dawn on Saturday to watch my beloved West Coast Eagles beat Sydney Swans in one of the most exciting AFL Grand Finals ever. With Villa holding Chelski to a draw and the Bears maintaining their unbeaten record (albeit by not playing at all) it was a good sporting weekend.

Now we are back into the real world. Goth Girl has her last week in her current job and is working harder and more concientiously than I would. I also have my last week in a job, but I am spending most of it looking for another one. In all of this we are trying to sort out a honeymoon, which is looking like it might be a bit of an adventure of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home