Thursday, November 09, 2006

Day 236

Today we received the best news that we have had all year. Goth Girl passed her last set of professional exams. Hopefully she can now find a traineeship and go on to be fully qualified. I am so proud of her.

Our post being somewhat useless, the letter arrived at about 3pm. I knew what was in the envelope, but I had no idea whether she had passed or failed and had to sit there, looking at it, until Goth Girl got home at around 8.15pm.

All of which means that I owe my mother an apology. For years I have been laughing about the fact that she opened my A level results whilst I was at work (in those days they were posted to you, rather than you having to go to the school to collect them), because she could not stand not knowing how I had done. After today, I know exactly how she felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home