Monday, November 06, 2006

Day 225 - Brunch day

Don't get me wrong. It is overwhelmingly kind of Mere and Pere GG to throw this party for us. However, there are over 100 people expected and, at the time the doors open, the list of people I know reads:

Goth Girl
Her parents
My father [flying in from North Carolina for the occasion]
The four people I met last night.

By my calculation, that leaves about 92 people to play 'Point at the funny Englishman', should they feel so inclined.

Fortunately, I omitted to factor in that if Goth Girl is lovely, and her parents are lovely, then their friends are probably OK, too. In fact, the nicest thing was that no-one seemed to expect me to remember who they were, even after they had been introduced to me. Which was very handy.

Then, after more racing [where a British horse named Eccentric gave me my one and only winner of the meeting] it was off for more food. I had forgotten that 'New York Strip' means 'half a cow, with chips', but it was very tasty and beautifully cooked, just what I needed to soak up all the alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home